#SoniaCertified: 15 Favourite Finds of 2018
Whoa, can’t believe 2018 is almost over! Part of my planning ahead process involves goal-setting for 2019, but also reflecting back on all of the big things that I accomplished in 2018.
When I take into account all of the experiences I’m grateful for, all of the success that I’ve had, and all of the meaningful relationships I’ve built, 2018 has been a pretty fantastic year! I’ve also been fortunate to discover and test-drive some pretty cool products over the last 12 months.
Given the amount of questions I receive about my favourite healthy snacks, beauty brands and fashion essentials, I thought it’d be fun to do a round-up of my most loved items of 2018.
Disclaimer: as a pseudo “online personality” I have the luxury of testing out awesome new products fairly frequently, and sometimes receive gifts for free. However, of the items I trial for brands, I only agree to promote products that really resonate with me (and that I would, like, actually buy). I call these SONIA CERTIFIED. So if you see something #soniacertified – you know it’s good!
My top 15 picks across a few important categories:
I’ve separated my favourite items into the categories I shop for most:
- Fashion & Outerwear
- Skincare & Beauty
- Fitness Props & Tech
- Health Food & Supplements
Sonia Certified Skincare & Beauty:
- Consonant HydrExtreme ($72): This “clean” beauty brand is one of my go-tos. The HydrExtreme is a Canadian Beauty Awards Grand prize winner, and for good reason. It outperforms hyaluronic acid by 10-fold, delivers extreme hydration and the bottle will last forever. Trust me, a little goes a long way with this one!
- AlumierMD EverActive C&E Antioxidant Serum ($179): This product has mastered it all: exfoliating, rejuvenating, brightening, and evening tone and texture. Not only does it deliver the freshest vitamin C you can get on the market, but it includes a boost of vitamin E in the same product application. One bottle will last you three months.
- Marcelle Forever Sharp Eyeliner in Blackest Black ($11.95): I get asked almost daily on instagram about my eyeliner tips. Hands down, I swear by this drugstore find. No matter what you do, it won’t move or bleed (it’s stayed sweat proof during many of my TV segments). It’s also versatile – I use the same eyeliner for my waterline, wings, a more dramatic look, or a simple day-to-night look. Bonus: you don’t even need a sharpener.
- Beautycounter Touch Up Concealer Pen ($40): On “off-duty days”, I prefer to wear a lighter and natural concealer. This one has good consistency and a nice texture, and actually colour-matches well with my skin – plus it’s an another natural, “clean” beauty brand.
Sonia Certified Fitness Props and Tech:
- FITLIGHT Trainer: This is one of the coolest products on the market, and certainly not for the faint of heart. But if you are looking for a system that will train you hard and help take your skills to the next level, I swear by this product! Its a speed system designed to challenge both your physical and cognitive skills, and it’s something the whole family can use to train various and evolving skill levels.
- TRX GO Suspension Trainer System ($130): My TRX system only made it into my home mid-way through 2018, but it’s become one of my most beloved fitness sidekicks for a quick and killer workout. Stay tuned for a long-form video sharing my must-do TRX workouts, but in the mean time, check out a few of my fave exercises that I shared on Insta.
View this post on Instagram
TRX for the win!!!🤗 I’m SO pumped to have suspension training in our home gym now! The possibilities are endless… I can’t wait to show you all the killer moves you can do with this equipment! 🙌 . . #workout #fitness #fitfam #homegym #trx #strengthtraining #cardio #athomeworkout
- Gliders ($19.99) If you guys have been following me for a while, you know I love my Gliding Discs. I use them to intensify many of my workouts, and max out my muscles. They’re great for lunge sequences and one of my all-time-faves, mountain climbers. Plus they’re about as small as equipment comes, so they’re perfect for travel and storage in small spaces.
Sonia Certified Health Food and Supplements:
- SmartSweets ($19.74 for 6 bags): Have you heard about SmartSweets? Essentially it’s your beloved childhood candy (gummy bears, Swedish fish, sours, etc.) made with all natural ingredients. It’s high in fibre, very low and sugar, and relatively low in calories… at least as far as candy goes. Depending on my mood, sometimes I go for sweet, sometimes sour. This ones also toddler-certified.
- Simply Protein Chips ($10.99 for a 3 pack): I always get asked about my favourite “healthy snacks”, and you can’t do much better than these. They satisfy the salt fix (that pops up for me a few times a week), and they’re high in pea protein (15g+) and iron, GMO and gluten free and only about 150 calories per serving. These are another stash in your backpack and go fave of mine and Arya’s.
- Cliff Nut Butter Filled Bar: These are organic, delicious and super-filling despite appearing small. When you feel like a “treat”, but don’t feel like you need an uber-treat, go for one of these. They are quite literally the best bar I’ve ever tasted.
- Renew Life Ultimate Flora Probiotics ($19.99): Probiotics are an essential part of my daily routine. I take one pill daily of the 50 billion active cultures to help reduce bloat, aid in digestion and… ahem… keep things moving as they should.
Sonia Certified Fashion & Outerwear:
- RYU Tough Tight Interlock High-rise Legging ($100): These are super-soft and stay in place when I’m doing anything… plus, high-waisted!!! Need I say more?
- Lemon Jelly Ava Black Chelsea Rain Boots ($148): Have you ever seen such a stylish rain boot? These are as water-proof as you can get, but very cute and trendy looking. Thanks to the attention to pretty details, they still look cute with a dressier outfit.
- Rudsak Shauna Down Coat With Leather Accents ($1295): I absolutely swear by Rudsak coasts. They are super warm (down filled), plus they reflect my personal style well. For me, they are easy to dress up or dress down which makes them a total win in my books!
- TUMI Carson Voyageur Backpack ($510): The struggle is real when you’re always on the run and have a toddler in tow. A while ago, my back started to say protest the oversized tote bag and I knew it was time to switch to a backpack. Instead of looking like a high school student, I was able to find this TUMI backpack which still looks chic, despite being way better for my back. This is also one of my faves for travelling!
Have any questions about my favourite finds? Leave me a comment on Instagram!