GARLICKY KALE SALAD RECIPE
This kale salad is one of my favourites because it’s easy to make and serves as a great substitute for calorie-laden caesar salad! Seriously, the flavour is incredible! The nutritional yeast adds both flavour and protein, so I highly recommend you try incorporating it. And the good news is that it is an easy enough ingredient to find. Most grocery stores and natural-food stores are carrying it these days… so give it a go!
- 1 bunch raw kale, washed, de-stemmed and dried
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Wash kale, break into small bite size pieces, and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together (except sesame seed) – either by hand or a blender.
- Pour dressing over kale and massage into leaves until they become tender and well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate salad for about an hour to help meld flavours.
Did you try this recipe?
Love it or leave it, I’d love to see your kitchen creations! Share a photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram at @soniajhas so we can be cooking pals!