BANANA CHOCOLATE CHUNK BREAD
If you didn’t know already, Sundays are my “baking day.” Ever since I started experimenting with clean recipes, it’s become a hobby of mine. I LOVE baking up a batch or two of easy clean treats for the week… not only is it fun, but more importantly, it ensures that the hubby and I are well prepared for our daily post-dinner dessert cravings!
(If you’re anything like me, you probably understand “needing” something sweet after dinner).
So today I decided to make banana bread… and once again, IT’S A WINNER!
The banana flavour is subtle, the texture is dense (in a good way), and the chocolate chunks add just the right level of decadence! Print this recipe off and try it this weekend with your family!
3 egg whites
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 Stevia Baking Blend (or 1/2 cup splenda, or honey, or agave–but nutrition facts will change)
2 cups oat flour (could also use whole wheat flour or spelt flour, but they are slightly higher calorie)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix egg whites, mashed bananas, apple sauce, vanilla, and sweetener in one bowl
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Mix wet mixture with the dry mixture
- Add chocolate chunks and blend lightly
- Pour mixture into square pan or loaf pan
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean