SAVOURY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE
Here’s a warm and hearty soup recipe that’s full of zesty flavour! It’s an easy dish to throw together, it tastes like a master creation, and it can be refrigerated for up to 3 days! Enjoy for dinner or pour into a mug for a cozy winter snack. The possibilities are endless when it comes to the comfort of soup.
- 2 butternut squash
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup apple brandy (optional)
- 6 cups organic, low-sodium chicken stock
- nutmeg, salt, black better to taste
- toasted pumpkin seeds (optional garnish)
- Slice squash into 1-inch chunks.
- Heat oil in pot.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, for approximately 8 minutes.
- Add squash, sage leaves, stock and apple brandy. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove squash chunks and sage leaves to place in a blender and puree.
- Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
Did you try this recipe?
Love it or leave it, I’d love to see your kitchen creations! Share a photo of this dish and tag me on Instagram at @soniajhas so we can be cooking pals!