Savoury Quinoa Cakes!
These quinoa cakes are a fantastic rendition of the classic crab cake! I typically make them as a hearty appetizer or light main course. Not only are they super flavourful, but they’re also PACKED with protein!
Delicious and nutritious! Give em a try!
2 rounded cups of cooked quinoa
1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
1/2 cup fat free or 1% cottage cheese
1 medium carrot, finely grated
1/4 red or yellow onion, finally chopped
5 egg whites
4 tbsp brown rice flour or whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp italian seasoning
Olive oil for cooking
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa in 2 cups of water on low heat for approximately 15 – 20 minutes
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl
- Heat a frying pan and a couple of tsps of olive oil over medium-low heat
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop up mixture, drop into pan, and lightly flatten to 1/2 inch thick (note: mixture will be slightly sticky!)
- Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side
- Enjoy!!! 🙂