Perfect Pecan Pie!
It isn’t Christmas without pecan pie!
My sister-in-law and I spent a whopping 10 minutes this afternoon baking up a batch of these delicious treats. What can I say… they’re PERFECT!!! OMG. SO GOOD!
The only down side is that they take a long time to solidify… so you have to exercise patience while your house wafts of sweet goodness.
I’d highly recommend you give them a try while you’re home this week!
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tsp baking stevia
1 large egg
1 egg white
1/4 0% greek yogurt
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup liquid egg whites (or 7 egg whites)
3/4 cup 100% natural maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tbs pure vanilla extract
1 cup pecan halves
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and spray an 11 x 7 pan (I only had 9 x 9!)
- Mix coconut flour, shredded coconut and stevia together
- Add egg, egg white, greek yogurt, and vanilla extracts and mix until dough forms (dough will be crumbly)
- Press the dough into the bottom of your pan
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes or until slightly golden brown
- While crust is baking, combine all of the ingredients for the pie: egg whites, maple syrup, vanilla extract and apple sauce in a bowl
- Mix well and add pecans
- When crust is done baking, pour maple syrup mixture over the crust
- Return pan to the oven and bake for approx. 70 minutes
- Allow bars to cool completely
- Refrigerate them for 4-6 hours before slicing
- Enjoy!!! 🙂