Mini Chocolate Flax Cake!
This individual-sized chocolate cake tastes pretty incredible! It’s sweet, moist, and perfectly chocolately… and the BEST part? It’s made from flaxseed INSTEAD of flour!!! GENIUS!
Here are some of the wonderful health benefits of flaxseed:
1. Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
2. High in fibre
3. High in antioxidants
Wrap those facts in chocolate and you have yourself a fabulous little sweet treat! MMM!
Note: I used a large muffin tin instead of ramekin (because sadly I couldn’t find my ramekin!). If you want your cake to look more like “mini cake” rather than a”giant muffin”, make sure you use a ramekin!
3 tbsp ground flax seed
2 tbsp chocolate protein powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp stevia
1 tsp cinnamon
2 egg whites
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut milk
3/4 tsp coconut oil, melted
optional – sprinkling of small dark chocolate chips
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees and spray ramekin with non stick cooking spray
- In a bowl mix flax, protein powder, baking powder, stevia and cinnamon
- In a second bowl whisk together egg whites, vanilla extract, coconut milk and melted coconut oil
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Bake for 20 – 22 minute and allow to cool before eating
- ENJOY!!! 🙂