Light Orange Cheesecake!
Here’s a scrumptious cheesecake recipe that is sure to satisfy your need for something sweet! Eat a slice as-is, or jazz it up with some light frozen yogurt, fresh fruit, or homemade jam!
6 graham crackers (whole)
non-stick cooking spray
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
8 ounces light cream cheese
8 ounces tofu (regular)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 medium orange, juiced and zested
- Pour about 2 cups of water into slow cooker and place trivet or upside-down bowl into cooker. Cover with lid and turn onto high.
- Meanwhile, place graham crackers in food processor. Process into crumbs. Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking oil spray and place crumbs into bottom of pan, spreading them evenly across bottom.
- Stir water and cornstarch and place into blender jar. Add remaining filling ingredients, except the orange juice and zest. Blend for 1-2 minutes until creamy, scraping down sides of jar with spatula occasionally. When filling is creamy, add orange juice and zest and mix for 3 seconds, until just incorporated.
- Pour filling on top of graham cracker crumb crust. Place pan on top of trivet, cover with lid and cook for 3 hours on high. When time is up, remove lid, turn off slow cooker, and allow cake to cool for 30-60 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove cake pan and place in fridge to chill, 2-3 hours before serving.
- Carve orange peel and use as a decorative orange ribbon to drape on each slice! (optional)
- ENJOY!!! 🙂