French Toast Cinnamon Buns!
Here is a delicious little breakfast recipe for you to try! These sweet treats are high in protein, high in fiber… and they taste DELICIOUS! They take minutes to prepare, and can easily be taken on-the-go for a morning snack.
Give them a try! I know you’ll love them! 🙂
4 slices of “healthy” bread – Ezekiel, multigrain, whole wheat, etc.
2 whole eggs
2 egg whites
splash of fat free dairy milk or almond milk
1/2 cup putted dates soaked in 2-3 ounces of water
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
A few drops of liquid Stevia (if you have a bit of a sweet tooth!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Puree 1/2 cup soaked pitted dates and stir in cinnamon
- Whisk eggs with splash of milk, Stevia, and nutmeg
- Cut bread slices lengthwise and dip into egg mixture (let bread soak for a few mins if you have time!)
- Lightly spray muffin tin or grease with coconut oil
- Spread a thick layer of date mixture on 1 side of bread and roll up
- Place in greased muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes
- Remove from oven, drizzle with a little bit of pure maple syrup (if you want), and ENJOY!!! 🙂