Finger-Licking Lettuce Wraps!
Here is a SUPER easy recipe that is ideal for weekday dinners! These lettuce wraps are packed with protein and healthy fats and they taste so good, you won’t even miss the tortilla shells!
Spice them up, or make them mild… either way, I’m sure you’ll love them!
Ground Meat Seasoning:
4 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp natural brown sugar
2 tbsp ground cumin
4 tbsp sea salt, or to taste
4 tbsp paprika
4 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
1 lbs of ground chicken / turkey / extra lean beef
1 white onion, chopped
2 small avocados, mashed
fat free cheese – to taste
clean salsa of choice
- Heat pan and saute chopped onions until tender
- Add in ground meat and seasoning and stir until well cooked
- Wash lettuce and separate leaves
- Mash avocado and mix with lemon
- Shred cheese and get salsa ready
- Layer lettuce leaf with meat, avocado, salsa, and cheese