Crunchy Quinoa Salad!
This quinoa salad is DELICIOUS!!! It’s zesty, crunchy, and full of goodness. Packed with protein and filled with fiber – I highly recommend you whip up a batch as a side dish or weekday meal solution!
6 cups water
¼ cup lemon juice (preferably fresh)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 cup green lentils
1 cup quinoa
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
½ – 1 tsp salt
½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
2 tsp grated lemon zest
¾ cup chopped green onions
¾ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of the water to a boil over high heat, add lentils and reduce heat to medium-low
- Cook for 30 mins until tender
- In another medium saucepan, cook quinoa according to package directions (typically 2 cups of water for 1 cup quinoa for approximately 15 – 20 minutes, until water is absorbed)
- Remove both the lentils and quinoa from heat and set aside
- Whisk together tarragon, salt, pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and mustard
- When the lentils and quinoa are completely cool, combine them with the sliced green onions, tossing them gently together
- Add the dressing and toss again gently until everything is coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and ENJOY!!! 🙂