Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Bars!
The weather today had me DYING for something sweet. Okay maybe it wasn’t entirely the weather. Maybe it was just the fact that I was stuffing my face in Brazil and now I’m experiencing withdrawal.
Whatever the case… the bottom line is: I wanted cake!
So on the menu today:
CLEAN CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BARS
1 Cup Oat Flour (or 1 ¾ regular oats ground into flour)
4 Egg Whites
2 Scoops Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
½ Cup Stevia
½ Tsp Baking Powder
¼ Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (preferably organic)
1 Tbsp Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
½ Cup Water
¼ Cup Dark Chocolate Chunks or Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl – oat flour, protein powder, stevia, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa, dark chocolate
- Mix wet ingredients together in another bowl – egg whites, pumpkin puree, water
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together
- Spray a cooking dish with non-stick spray. I used a 9 x 9 inch pan, but if you like your bars a little thicker, I’d suggest an 8 x 8.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes in the oven and voila!
- ENJOY!!! 🙂